Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Howdy!!

I have made it to America safe and sound and dead tired! But im here, in my new bedroom with my roomie! Its pretty cool, its just a house, and we have 5 girls including me, then upstairs is the boys which is only temp...There is 3 boys, Everyone is so nice!
My roomie, is new too she came just after me.
So i would just like to say how beautiful it is here!! More then the pictures show, and it is so quite i love it!! Ive already seen 2 squirrels...ill have to get a photo of them soon. And Jeannine, the lady who ive been organizing my trip with said i will probably see deers here and there and little foxes cause you know thats how it is! But yeah it is really beautiful.
So when i got here, i unpacked and showered and had a mini nap which was nice. Then went to lunch, and met all the Volunteers. So there is a Brazilian guy, Nabil who is 18, then Ruhi, im not sure how old he is...And Gerald who again im not sure how old i think like 19... Then the girls, Mia who is 18, marshon who is 18, 2 other girls (and i feel really bad cause ive forgotten their names). And its really nice and quite atm but this weekend we have a Latin american theme program so more will come and lots more youth are coming which is good...I feel i miss home when im alone. Like i was this morning but this afternoon i was hanging out with the youth and we went to WALMART!!! haha and i was having fun not thinking much about home...But i keep seeing things that remind me of home and makes me sad. But its all gooood! :)
Oh and ill be working in the Kitchen tomorrow at 7am!! Early start so i shall be sleeping soon seeing as its 9:40.

So thats all for now,
Enjoy the piccies!







1 comment: