Thursday, May 13, 2010

HELLO!

So i wasn't going to make a blog for my adventure, but I've been asked so many times that i thought, Why not?! So here i am blogging away. Still in Australia, not leaving till 25th of May less then 2 weeks away.

If you don't know why, or what im doing in America, well let me explain. I think most of you know that im a Bahai, and as a Bahai youth, we are encouraged to go and serve while we are young and flexible and free. So seeing as i just finished school and i have no clue as to what i want to do, i thought this would be a good opportunity to serve the Bahai Faith (http://www.bahai.org/). And so, i wanted to go somewhere that i can speak English and I've wanted to go to America for quite a while, and BAM i picked America. I heard about this Bahai school called Green Acre in Maine, its not a normal school. Its basically like a camp, where anyone can come and they run talks and deepening's on the Bahai Faith for all ages (http://www.greenacre.org/) and on all different subjects! And they need people to help out on the grounds and in the kitchen and so on. Im going to be volunteering for minium of 7 months, but im thinking i might stay for a year... And im very EXCITED! A little nervous too! But more excited. Already got the suitcase out and slowly picking things i need to take with me.

So thats all for now,
i probably wont write again til im in America.
Byebye for now!

P.s. Here are some photos of Green Acre...Just picture me posing on the grass ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment