Monday, February 28, 2011

.

So my service is almost coming to a close, 2 months and 23 days to go.
Im not quite sure how i feel about it...Im terrified. Im so unbelievably excited. Im still loving life.

Lots have happened. There is only 4 youth left, so its getting really tough now. Two in the kitchen, and two of us in hospitalities. And our bosses are getting pretty stressed out. We reallllly need youth to come and serve here! So please guys, Come to Green Acre. Just for a week or a Year, 6 months or 3.

The snow is crazy! We have had 11 Snow storms, and it doesn't stop til end of march im pretty sure...But we are getting lots of rain right about now. This is the rainy part of winter, just like Feb is our rainy part of the year.

I miss home so much at the moment. I just Skyped with my sister, Kate. Thats the only tough thing about a Year of service. I mean you have tests, but you have your mates to help you get through them. But towards the end...It just gets harder and harder. And dont get me wrong i love every minute here. I have made the most amazing friends, people i know i will be friends with for the rest of my life!

I think i've had a similiar post to this, but i really think you should all go on a Year of Service, anywhere and do whatever you want! Get out of your comfort zone. It's the best way to learn who you are. I know myself so much more then i did 9 months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment