Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cheesey Weasey!

Ive been in the states for almost 8 months, and i still think i can't believe i'm in another country! Its so weird to think i'm living with 3 girls and not at home. I've realized i'm so much more independent. I do my own laundry, clean my room, work 5 days a week, I'm alot more careful about money.
The Best thing is that i have my own group of friend that i can hang out anytime and go out and chill with em, eat with them, work and serve with them. This place is really one of the most amazing place's i have ever been. And i really want to encourage people to go on a Year of Service. This has been one of the best years of my life, i may have only been on this earth for 19 years, but this past 7 and a bit months have been the most enjoyable, crazy, exciting, adventurous, Independent, confusing, fun, hard and most difficult times of my life! Sometimes it can get very hard cause you are away from family, and you are with the same people all the time, not being able to just get out, its a little monotonous, and i have been going through the biggest tests of my life. But without that i wouldn't have the good times, like meeting so many amazing people, making myself a new family, i wouldn't of grown the way i have, i wouldn't have been through those scary and new experiences, i would be the same old sad Kimi i was last year. People say they hate change...Why would you hate change, when you get something so amazing. If you are having a hard time and find life boring, do something different, do something a little crazy, break the rules, be spontaneous. If you don't, life will be the same old and boring. Change is the most amazing thing that has happened to me.
I have so much love for life (i know how cheesey that sounds...but its true), Being immersed in the faith and studying the writings from Baha'u'llah and 'Abdu'l-baha and The Bab and the letters from the Universal House of Justice. It really has changed my life, and the way i look at it. Now i know i can serve the faith for the rest of my life!
One of the things i most scared for, is coming home. I'm so excited to see my family and friends but being away from all my new brothers and sisters is going to be so difficult and finding a job and figuring out what im going to study and just what to do for the rest of my life...But its Change and im ready for it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment